While I’m not old enough to remember the original Space Invaders, I love the aesthetic. I also used to teach a programming class in which we made a version of the space invaders game with Java. Due to all of this inspiration I decided to make these space invaders pins out of one of my favorite crafting materials, perler beads. These are really easy to make (you only need perler beads, a pegboard, strong glue, and pin backs) and add the perfect amount of geeky flair to any outfit.
Here’s the pattern for the basic layout:
And then you just fill it in with the color of your choice (I used purple, green, and orange).
- 52 Black Perler Beads
- 52 Any other color Perler Beads
- A strong glue (I used e6000)
- Pin Backs (I just bought mine in the jewelry making sections of Walmart).
- Layout your beads on the board as seen above then fill in with your choosen color.
- Iron both sides covering with ironing paper beforehand.
- Let it cool.
- Once cool use a dab of strong glue on the back stick on your pin and leave it set for 12-24 hours.
If you like Perler Beads you can check out my other tutorial here.
Thanks for Reading,