I, like a lot of people, am very sad to see the end of summer and it getting colder, but to make the summer last just a little longer I made these perler bead coasters. I really love perler beads and would make everything out of them if I could (don’t worry many more bead tutorials are to come).
I started by laying an outline with dark green and light green beads (I did a stripy pattern to resemble the strips on the side of a watermelon). Then I did a white circle to resemble the rind then finally the inside with pink or red beads and a few black ones for seeds.
Here’s my red template:
And here’s my pink template:
- Perler Beads (21 dark green, 21 light green, 8 black, 36 white, and 83 pink or red beads
- A Circular Peg Board (I used one from a Walmart “Melty Bead” Kit)
- An Iron
- Ironing Paper (it comes with the beads)
- (Optional) A Strong Glue and Matching Felt (to make them not slide around on a table)
- Put your beads on the peg board in the designs shown above.
- Cover with ironing paper and set your iron to a medium setting.
- Iron for around 30 seconds until you can see they’ve melted.
- Flip over and iron the other side after covering with another sheet of ironing paper.
- Set under some books until they cool so they’ll set flat and make great coasters.
- (Optional) Once cooled cut felt that matches the size of your coaster and glue it on with a strong glue.
Thanks for reading :),